Preschool Deputy Manager
Busy village Preschool are looking for a Deputy Manager Level 3 in Early years with experience of working in an Early years setting to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum Level 3 qualification in childcare, ideally with experience in a senior/management role.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the manager with the day to day running of the Preschool
- Managing the Preschool in the absence of the Manager
- To ensure that the Preschool is a safe environment for children, staff and visitors
- To be part of the set up and tidy away process of a pack away setting
- Meet the requirements of the EYFS and welfare requirements to a high standard
- To engage in and extend children’s learning in line with the EYFS.
- Key person to a small group of children, planning for their individual needs
- Complete an online journal for your own key children which would involve regular observations and support staff to use the on line system
- To work in partnership with parents including daily informal contact and regular reviews of their child’s progress
- Conduct termly consultations with parents to discuss their child’s progress
- Role of designated Safeguarding lead(alongside Manager). To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures. Have up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with and the protection of young children and to support staff with child protection concern
- To participate in team meetings, supervisions and appraisals as required
- To conduct visits for prospective parents
- To ensure that staff are appropriately supported to carry out their role effectively.
- Previous experience in working in Early Years
- Ideally management/senior childcare role experience in Preschool setting
- A relevant childcare qualification-minimum level 3
- Training/Knowledge of local safeguarding procedures
- Experience/knowledge of implementing the statutory framework for Early Years Foundation stage
- An excellent understanding of child development and how to extend children's learning
- Good team building skills
- effective communicator
- Competent IT skills
- Eligible to obtain Enhanced DBS certificate and to provide 2 satisfactory references, one must be from most recent employer
· This position is term time only. Ideally working 5 days a week(4 days would be considered) 8.30am-3.30pm.
Salary £10.50 per hour
If you are interested in joining our team and would like a full job description and application pack. please email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 09/07/2021
Expected start date: 01/09/2021